May 16, 2010

JFK Luxury Excursion

Thanks to JFK International Airport's wonky runway set up, my connecting flight from Norfolk to New York was delayed two hours. This was just enough time for me to be precisely 5 minutes late for my international flight straight to Prague.
Because the missed connection was not Delta's fault, I did not qualify for a hotel room, and by the time I realized this all rooms outside of JFK were booked. Oh well, it's about time I learned to live more like a vagrant artist.
It wasn't without perks though, Delta was kind enough to give me three $6 food vouchers, too bad everything in this miniature world is marked up 300%...

Sleeping in the Delta terminal is not as easy as I originally imagined it would be. Without the incredible number of people abound, the ever playing CNN and ambient music speakers sound a million times louder, and the seats are designed specifically so one physically cannot lay on them. (How humanitarian!) The floor was the best bet, and I settled in a nice spot.
That was until a girl laying nearby informed me she'd just moved from that spot because a mouse was crawling around and she found it's poop everywhere.
Yes.
I think you heard me right.
So I moved to another spot between a bunch of chairs and slept for a good three hours.
At four o'clock I was too cold to sleep, so I got up and asked for a toiletry bag (and/or a blanket) for the third time, no dice.
I'm feeling pretty attractive today.

No comments:

Post a Comment