June 9, 2010

Flea Market and Hillside Food

After getting some pastries, we headed out to the flea market. I haggled in Czech and browsed the local trash/treasures.
I got a few pins and a really cool plaque of my favorite deity, Saraswati. Before leaving, I got a really great blue lock that I didn't get a picture of yet.


Then I went to the Laundromat, which is the coolest place I've ever been to wash my clothes. They offer free coffee, tea, and water while you wait! While there, I talked to a lawyer from San Francisco who told me about a really great local place to eat. He even pointed it out on Google maps for me. This solidifies my personal philosophy that you should always be nice to everyone!

The place was on the other side of Prague on a hill. It was a courtyard filled with lots of people and dogs. The menu was only in Czech, and there were no tourists in sight, which was really intimidating. Jay and I tried our best guess at ordering food, and we each got dollar beers while our food grilled.



All the spots with a view were taken so we settled down in the grass. I lucked out and got a chicken kebab, Jay on the other hand, we're pretty sure got Pork Tongue.


The neighborhood and view were incredible.



No comments:

Post a Comment